Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lili Simmons - New Queen of the Blonde Beauties

Lili Simmons
I'm convinced, albeit perhaps only temporarily, that Lili Simmons from Banshee is the new queen of the beautiful blondes flooding Hollywood over the recent  years. Maybe I'm partial because I've enjoyed the show Banshee in which she appeared, but she has a screen presence that I'm thinking is far superior than that of Amber Heard's.

Amber Heard
For readers unfamiliar with my blog, Amber Heard was the actress I believed was the most beautiful blonde. I also liked Hannah New from Black Sails, but to me Amber reigned supreme.

Hannah New
Maybe it can be argued that Amber is still tops in sheer physical beauty, but it takes more than just looks alone. You've got to be able to act. And the few roles that Amber Heard has had makes me think that Hollywood knows something I do not. Which is Amber Heard has the looks, but she can't act. I've seen so few roles she's had, I have to believe she's just not able to convince casting directors that she's got what it takes. And if that's true, then she would not make a good Samantha Jones in the Killer of Killers story, if it were to ever be made into a movie. Lili Simmons is somewhat younger too, which is to her advantage. Because Killer of Killers won't be made into a movie anytime soon, and Amber may be too old for the part by the time it makes the big screen.

Jill Marie Jones
That's what befell Jill Marie Jones. Jones would have been a great Susie Quinn, also from the Killer of Killers story. But she's even older than Amber Heard. She's about forty in the above photo. The way she looked about ten to fifteen years ago made her perfect for the role of Susie Quinn. And based on her performance in Ash vs. Evil Dead, I think she's a pretty good actress.

Unknown Beauty
I wonder who this is. I found this photo on the internet. There was no name, but I thought I'd add it to the blog here, because this is the perfect Samantha Jones. I mean look at that face. Is there a more perfect face anywhere? I don't think so. I don't even know if she's an actress. And like I was saying about Amber Heard, whoever is cast, it's going to be because she can act. That's the bottom line.


No comments:

Post a Comment