Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Friday, May 27, 2016

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are History

I had written some posts about Amber Heard, saying that she would be a perfect Samantha Jones in my martial arts novel Killer of Killers, but later reconsidered that opinion because it seemed her career wasn't going anywhere. She's getting no big time roles. I'm seeing beautiful blondes springing out of the woodwork, and getting great roles, like Lili Simmons of Banshee and Hannah New of Black Sails. That list goes on and on, and all the while I'm waiting for Amber Heard to land a role other than bit parts in the B movies she's been in like Machete Kills, Zombieland, and Drive Angry.

I wrote recently that it could be true that Amber just isn't that talented. She showed little acting ability in the few roles I've seen. So I'm thinking, um, maybe Amber Heard is not the right fit for the role of Samantha Jones in Killer of Killers.

And it could be true that Johnny Depp has concluded that she's not a very good wife. They are getting divorced, but it seems that Amber is the one who filed for divorce, not Johnny Depp.

Look, I've never been a fan of Johnny Depp, and I really haven't even liked any of his movies. Not even the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Nope. I don't have a problem with Depp, his acting, or his movies, I've just never been a fan of his. Not like I've been a fan of Vin Diesel and Jason Statham. I readily admit their movies are among my all time favorite movies.

Depp isn't that for me. But, hey, he's still considered a Hollywood A-lister, and I thought that Amber Heard was on her way to that point, too. But no. Her career is stuck in limbo, and I'm thinking it will never emerge from limbo, ever. I'm betting her role in the upcomoing Justice League movie will be a minor one, and her acting ability will not be showcased. We'll have to wait and see on that.

As for being Depp's wife? I thought that might have given her a short cut to stardom. I mean A-lister stardom, as Depp enjoys. But that's not going to happen. I heard that Depp hit her, and physically abused her. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, then KUDOS to Amber Heard for leaving the bum. IF it's true. IF he's a bum. I say that because I believe a man should never hit a woman. If Depp did hit Amber Heard, he's a bum of the worst kind. But again, I don't know that.




As for Amber Heard? It's time for her to shine. She's 30 years old now. That means her biological clock is winding down. Maybe she has ten years left of being youthful and beautiful, and then what? Roles for middle aged women are rarely top roles, unless you're Merryl Streep, Helen Mirren, or Judi Dench. But I'm thinking Amber Heard is not in that class. So, it's time to find a new actress for the part of Samantha Jones. Hhmmnn. I wonder if Lili Simmons or Hannah New would be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment