Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Killer Eyes edits going well

I was talking about how much fun it is doing the edits for Killer Eyes. I'm fortunate that my publisher was agreeable to releasing the book this summer. That means in just over a month or so, Killer Eyes will be available for purchase, and to me, that's exciting. I've learned that people who've read Killer of Killers are looking forward to reading Killer Eyes. At least that's what the reviewers indicated. They said things like they hope a book two is in the works, and that a sequel was needed.

And it's happening. The edits are almost done, and when I send them back, I may or may not get another round of edits. That's why I'm taking my time, making sure I get everything right. I've found an error in there, which surprised me. I had written during a car chase scene that a car made a three-sixty spin and then was headed in the opposite direction. But of course a three-sixty spin puts you in the same direction you were headed originally. It was supposed to be a one-eighty spin, which I've corrected it to be now. And that's where the edits come in. They catch things like that. Although in this case, it wasn't the editor who caught it. I caught it while I was going over the edits.

It doesn't matter who caught it, as long as it's caught. The editors did catch a couple typos, though, and I could have sworn that I had fixed all typos, so there you go. Killer Eyes is going to be a great follow up to Killer of Killers, and I'm looking forward to its release, probably some time in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment