Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Monday, July 7, 2014

Why Russia? Why China?

I've talked about my blog audience before, mostly because my stats page indicates that I get a lot of readers from Europe and Asia. Of those two continents, it's usually Russia leading the way, by the numbers, that is, and then there's China.

Now that is to assume that readers in those two countries do indeed read English. And if they do, and if they are indeed reading this blog, I'm wondering just what it is that is drawing them to this blog. I mean, really...Russia and China? I don't suppose those visitors are all avid readers. Nor do I suppose they are all buying my books.

I say that because if they were, by the numbers indicated on my blog, then I'd have a couple of best sellers here. And since I don't, then I can only assume they come here to read what I write, and not to buy my books. Of course, I would prefer it to be the other way around. But since it's apparently not, then what do they want to read that I write if not my books? Just the posts on the blog? It seems so. And the posts that seem to attract the most hits, are the posts I've made about Amber Heard.

Sure Amber Heard is a beautiful woman, and that's why I wrote about her. I focused on my opinion that Amber Heard would be the best choice for the part of Samantha Jones in the book Killer of Killers, if that book would ever be made into a movie.

So I'm guessing that Russians, and even some Chinese might like Amber Heard, and perhaps they Google her name on their computers, and my blog posts about her come up. That's all fine and good, because then they learn about the books, too. Maybe they'll buy a copy. But like I said, the numbers don't indicate that they are.

Still, you never know. One hundred people may pass on the book, but that 101st, might just be the person who doesn't. Maybe you, oh reader, are the 101st person to hit on this blog post, and maybe that means you are the one who will buy a book. Either Killer of Killers or The Vase, or both. I believe you will enjoy them. That is if you read English.

You still have time to buy and read Killer of Killers before the sequel comes out. Killer Eyes is almost done. I'm on the final read through right now. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment