Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Football Stories--Second Chance

Usually I blog about the books I write. Like Killer of Killers, Killer Eyes, The Vase, and the one that I'm revising now, John Dunn, Heart of a Zulu. And I'm going to be working on Second Chance very soon, as well. Of course, Killer of Killers and Killer Eyes are martial arts action stories about the worlds greatest martial artist. The Vase is a suspense story taking place in Israel. And John Dunn is about the real life adventures of John Dunn, who lived in South Africa in the mid to late 1800s.

But Second Chance is a football story. There's been some good ones. The TV show Friday Night Lights I think is the most recent. Then there were others like Brian's Song, the Brian Piccolo story, Charlie's War, the Charlie Wedemeyer story, and others, like North Dallas Forty and Any Given Sunday, which were made into movies, too.

So my new book is called Second Chance, and like I said, it's a football story. I dreamed it, and when I woke up and remembered it, I decided I would turn it into a novel. It's about a football player who gets a second chance. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the basic premise.

Like I did when I was young, my son is playing football, and with football on my mind so much, it's not unusual for me to dream about it. And this last dream has resulted in a great story to turn into a novel. I'll be finishing John Dunn first, and then I'll be going full speed ahead with Second Chance.

In the meantime, please buy copies of Killer of Killers and The Vase by clicking on the images to the right of this post. That would be appreciated. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment