Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Monday, May 28, 2018

Can Blacklist get worse? Yes.

As much as I've trashed Th Blacklist TV show recently, I am compelled to come back and trash it one more time. I had stated that The Blacklist show, this past and latest season, (season 5) had bottomed out. Meaning it can't get worse. Well, after reading some of the Blacklist forums, I have come to the conclusion that it can indeed get worse.

Other "fans" or perhaps I should call them "soon-to-be ex-fans" have been complaining about it as much as I have. But there is a scenario that many of these "soon-to-be ex-fans" have been putting out there. And this scenario has to do with that bag of bones. I had predicted, correctly, that the bag of bones belonged to the real Red Redington, and that "Spader Red" as I call him now, that is, the character played by James Spader, who until now was known as Red Redington, was some dude who had killed Red Redington and assumed his identity to take his place as the king of the underworld.

Now I hadn't been too against that, because the Spader Red character was actually a good guy, although not squeamish when it came to killing any of the bad guys. Which I liked. It had been made clear that the real Red Redington was a bad guy, so yeah, I can buy that. As long as he was the real biological father to Lizzy, that is. But to my eternal dismay, that is once again in question. Which is another reason why I am hating this show. I can't stand the on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again element this show keeps perpetuating. It gets very tiring. And boring.

But I digress. I am supposed to reveal how this show can get worse. As I was saying, it's being bantered about on the forums, that Spader Red, is a "tranny." Meaning he was a woman who had a sex change operation. Meaning he is really Lizzy's mother, who became a man. "Spader Red" as I refer to him now. And if that turns out to be the case, then this show has really turned into Bullshit.

Here's the clues the "soon-to-be ex-fans" will cite as Spader Red being a tranny. He told Lizzy he never lies to her. And when she asked him if he's her father, he told her no. What might he have said if she asked are you my parent? Then might he had said yes? When a bad guy once asked Spader Red if Lizzy was his daughter, he said yes. So that is their evidence. And it could be right. I can't argue with that. Well, I could argue that Spader Red did indeed lie to Lizzy, but that seems unlikely.

So I am almost fearful that these "soon-to-be ex-fans" are correct. Spader Red is a transexual. He is a her and the mother of Lizzy. This is too weird for me. Maybe not for the LBGQT world. But that's not my world. And if The Blacklist is pandering to that world, it's not for me. Goodbye Blacklist, until all this Bullshit is cleaned up and I can enjoy it again. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment