Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Thursday, January 21, 2016

Knox Robinson Publishing - Full in Gear

By "full in gear" I mean Knox Robinson Publishing is going all out for their 2016 releases. Along with the publishing schedule they just sent me, they are stressing the procurement of endorsements from fellow authors in the field and/or reviewers in legitimate periodicals.

I am fortunate that I had already jumped on that when I signed the contract for John Dunn - Heart of a Zulu last summer. I was able to acquire an endorsement from a British reviewer, and I expect another one from the world's foremost authority on all things Zulu by tomorrow.

I must say I am very impressed with the British people in providing their help and offering their interest on this matter. I am forever in their debt. They owed me nothing, didn't know me from Adam, yet they are proceeding to help me out as if I were their brother. It's a lot more than I can say for people who had been my closest friends. Makes you think, doesn't it.

I'm only stuck on the Second Chance book. Since I didn't know about the 2016 release, and since I hadn't signed a contract yet, I hadn't jumped forward in soliciting endorsements. But I'm on it now. I've had contact in the past with a local sports columnist who might help me out. Time is of the essence, however, and I can only hope at this point that he does.

All in all, 2016 will be a big year for me with the release of two novels. That's not something I expected. But, hey, sometimes things you don't expect happen. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment