Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Friday, November 6, 2015

Binge Watching Preferable

To me, anyway, binge watching is a preferable way of taking in your favorite TV shows. Even if it's not your favorite TV show. Madmen, for example, is no way one of my favorite TV shows, but my wife and I are watching it for the first time. I would not have followed it week to week, and I didn't follow it at all when it first came out. But since Netflix offers the entire series at the touch of a button, we take in two, sometimes three episodes a night. We're on season 4 now, and I think there's a total of seven seasons. I can't imagine taking seven years to watch that show.

Same thing with DaVinci's Demons. We were watching it weekly, for the first two seasons, but now season three is available all at once, and we can take in two episodes at a time. I still have a lot of problems with DaVinci's Demons, starting with the actor playing the main character, and with a lot of the details that have been portrayed in that show, but whatever. A TV series about Leonardo DaVinci was long overdue, and I'm glad they finally made one.

The Flash and Daredevil are two good shows about comic book superheroes, and I'm glad to have the entire series available all at once. Of course, both shows have had one season so far, but I think they're doing a good job, and I look forward to future seasons.

One of my all time favorites is the show on Cinemax called Banshee. I watched the first two seasons, and am looking forward to season three. I liked the series Strike Back, also, but was disappointed with the poor role they gave Dustin Clare, about which I've already blogged not long ago. Dustin Clare, of course, is my first choice to play Trent Smith, as soon as the movie people decide to make my Killer Series into a movie or TV show.

And if they do, it would be a great martial arts show to behold. It's up to me to keep the source material coming, so that an audience can binge watch instead of waiting for me to come up with something new every week. Or every year. Best to get it done in advance. Like homework. don't wait until the last minute. Learned that in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment