Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Tuesday, February 10, 2015

More Reviewers Responding

I was contacted by two more reviewers yesterday who want to review my books. That sounds great to me. I was so pleased with those last two reviews for Killer of Killers, and I have a lot more confidence in getting reviews now. And what makes these reviewers and their reviews even more special to me is the fact that I don't know any of them. Never met them. None of them are friends or family, (which is what I believe a lot of reviewers are for other  writers.)

When I first wrote my books and got them published, I thought that maybe some of my friends or relatives might write some reviews. But it never happened. Of course, I never asked them to, but did I have to? I guess I did. But I didn't. And I didn't want to. I wouldn't have complained if any of my friends did write a nice review. I would have thought that would be something friends do. I guess I was wrong about that. Most of my friends and relatives wouldn't even buy a book. They expected free books. But I only had so many to give away. (Like one or two.) It turned out all for the better. Reviews from complete strangers are the better reviews, because they have no ties to the writer and the review is not skewed.

So I'm happy that all reviews for my books are from people I don't know, never met, and they owe me nothing. You can bet they are honest reviews, and, btw, I didn't pay for any of them. I thought I'd throw that in, because I've discovered some writers do pay for positive reviews. Talk about skewed. That's the worst review of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment