Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Monday, February 17, 2014

Amber Heard Moving Up

Amber Heard
I've mentioned Amber Heard a few times, mostly saying that she would be the perfect actress for the role of the beautiful blond police detective in my novel, Killer of Killers. I hadn't even seen any of her movies until I saw one not long ago where she co-starred with Nicholas Cage in a movie that I can't even remember the name. But she's finally in more movies, although I still haven't seen them yet. I hope to see Machete Kills, not because I want to see Danny Trejo, but because I'm curious to see how Amber Heard performs as an actress, and the same thing with the soon to be released movie, 3 Days to Kill, where she co-stars with Kevin Costner.

And on top of all that, she's now engaged, I hear, to marry 50 year-old Johnny Depp. Amber is only in her mid twenties, but Johnny Depp is an A-lister, as are Nick Cage and Kevin Costner, so, yeah, I'd say her star is rising. All she needs is the definitive role to define her career, and my debut novel, Killer of Killers could provide that. After all, the role of Samantha Jones could be perfect for her. Samantha Jones, in Killer of Killers, is a smart police detective. She is drop dead gorgeous, sure, but who says a beautiful woman can't also be intelligent, assertive, and self-sufficient? I say a woman can be all of those things.

Hollywood's Most Beautiful Woman
Amber Heard
I hear so many times from other women, that when a woman is over the top beautiful, then that means she must also be dumb, stupid, man-crazy, a slut, trash, and whatever else their jealous minds can think of. I ask why? Well, I already said it. They're jealous. It's like plain looking women can't stand that a beautiful woman could be just as smart, or even smarter than they are! Of course, I know not ALL women think like that, but I've met many who do.

But I digress. Samantha Jones in Killer of Killers, (not to be confused with the sex-crazed Samantha Jones in Sex and the City,) but Samantha Jones in Killer of Killers is NOT preoccupied with sex, with men, with things frivolous and unimportant. She is smart, assertive, and very capable.

And Amber Heard appears to me, at least, to have the ability to demonstrate those qualities in a movie, although as I admitted, I haven't seen them yet. In that Nick Cage movie, I don't think she had the opportunity. It was more like a grade B movie with bad directing, and a poor plot. But that doesn't mean she can't do it. I look forward to finally seeing some of her other roles soon. And it would be a dream come true if one of those other roles was that of Samantha Jones in Killer of Killers!

No comments:

Post a Comment