Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Sunday, November 24, 2013

Killer of Killers Reload imminent

Nancy, the publisher at Melange, contacted me and is working on the reload. That means, she's reformatting the headers like I talked about earlier, and will be making the second edition available through their website in the digital formats, and then in the print format. And then on to Amazon, etc.

I will most certainly post on this blog when that is done, and then I will order some new copies for myself to make available to reviewers, whom I will solicit more aggressively. I am so proud of how this second edition turned out, it's about experience, and practice, and with both of those under my belt now, I used all of that additional knowledge, (POV, verb usage, dialogue tags, etc,) that I learned from Penumbra for Killer of Killers, and it's a beautifully written book now. It was great before, but it's over the top great now.

Killer of Killers, the second edition will pass any reviewer's scrutiny now. The 3rd person limited POV is flawless, and there is no head hopping at all.

I went and looked at some big name books from big name publishers, and I found POV errors in them. So that means that MY book, Killer of Killers, and The Vase, too, btw, are both better written. I have no compunction in saying that. I'm not going to name names, but after all the work I put in on both of those books, I feel validated in saying it.

Check them out, and see for yourself. That's all. Until the reload is complete, though, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment