Will iconic images recorded in the grooves of an ancient vase unite the Holy Land or rip it further apart?

THE VASE

A novel by Mark M. DeRobertis

Muhsin Muhabi is a Palestinian potter, descended from a long line of potters. His business is run from the same shop owned by his ancestors since the day his forebears moved to Nazareth. The region's conflict saw the death of his oldest son, and rogue terrorists are in the process of recruiting his youngest in their plot to assassinate the Pope and Israeli prime minister.

Professor Hiram Weiss is an art historian at Nazareth’s Bethel University. He is also a Shin Bet operative on special assignment. With the help of fellow agent, Captain Benny Mathias, he plans to destroy the gang responsible for the death of his wife and only child. He puts a bomb in the ancient vase he takes on loan from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.

Mary Levin, the charming assistant to the director of Shin Bet, has lost a husband and most of her extended family to recurring wars and never-ending terrorism. She dedicates her life to the preservation of Israel, but to whom will she dedicate her heart? The brilliant professor from Bethel University? Or the gallant captain who now leads Kidon?

Harvey Holmes, the Sherlock of Haunted Houses, is a Hollywood TV host whose reality show just flopped. When a Lebanese restaurant owner requests his ghost-hunting services, he believes the opportunity will resurrect his career. All he has to do is exorcise the ghosts that are haunting the restaurant. It happens to be located right across the street from Muhsin’s Pottery Shop.




Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Latest Draft to Publisher

Well, last night I sent my latest and finest draft of THE VASE to my publisher, and I am only oh so glad I kept putting in the time to keep making it better while I was waiting out the exclusive submission. It's got to be the finest writing I've ever done. And that means I made some already fine writing even more fine. So with that, I can rest easy. At least until they put it through their own editing process.

For now, what's next is the cover design! Wow, to see my cover for the first time, what a moment that will be. I suggested that they take a look at the photo in the header of this blog. It's how I envision the vase in the story to look like. What they do from there will be very interesting. I can't wait to post what becomes the final cover design onto this blog. (I hope I know how to do that!)

At any rate, the ball is bouncing now. It is something for which I have worked the past four years. And three manuscripts later, it's happening. I still hope to get KILLER OF KILLERS published. I love that story, and maybe COGITO will too. But I think THE VASE will have a wider appeal to readers around the world, both men and women, and people of all ages. It should be a great read for anyone who likes intrigue and the Middle East.

I can't say too much more about it, because I don't want to give too much away, but from the info at the top of my blog you'll get a good idea what the story is about. Just don't ask me what happens cuz I won't tell you. You'll have to read the book, and in about a year or so, you'll be able to do that. Whoohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment